Puppy “prep school”
“Prep school” is a 4-week additional training program. Your puppy continues to live with us for that time, and we work with them on a one-to- one basis. This additional “teaching time” will provide you with a solid foundation on which to build a well-behaved, polite and delightful pet.
Listed below are a series of things we will work on:
- Potty training by command - your puppy may not come to you fully potty trained, but he/she will be well on the way.
- Crate training – the additional time will allow us to get your puppy to the point that they are even more used to spending time in the crate.
- Leash training – we will work with your puppy so that walking on a leash is enjoyable and not a difficult task.
- Basic commands – sit, stay, come, off. At the end of prep school, we will work with you to show you how to continue what we have started.
- Socialization – as your dog continues its time with us, he or she will ride in our car on errands, play with our dogs, meet other people and children and do a “meet and greet” with our groomer so that their first time with your groomer will be a good experience.
If you are interested in enrolling your puppy in prep school, please call or mail Steve (203- 494-5291) or email@example.com). This is a popular program so the more advance notice we have, the better to ensure we have space for your puppy.